The Prairie Riders Snowmobile Club is holding it’s annual Grass Drags and Power Sports Swap Meet on October 1, 2017. Located at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Belvidere, IL Map
7 am – 5 pm
$5 Admission (under 12 free)
$20 Swap Sites, no reservation needed, no size limit.
$40 Retail Vendor sites, no reservation need, no size limit.
$15 Race entry fee per class (must be 16 years old)
$10 Pit entrance fee (must be 16 years old)
Mini Sled Racers are FREE. 120cc limit
No Dogs allowed on the property
2017 Grass Drag Flyer
Registration_Form_with fill in blanks save time at the races and fill out your forms and print it. 1 sheet for each sled if you are running multiple machines. Registration classes are on the form, we will select them on race day.
Prairie Riders Class Rules
Prairie Riders on Facebook
Prairie Riders on YouTube
12 Days and counting till October 5th. Come out for a great day of Snowmobile Grass Drag Racing and a large Swap Meet with all Power Sports equipment.
Admission $5, under 12 free
Swap Sites $20
Vendor Sites $40
(no need to register for sites, just follow the signs at the event)
It’s coming up fast, the 21st. annual Prairie Riders Grass Drags and Powersports Swap Meet. It will be held October 5, 2014 at the Boone County Fairgrounds from 7 am – 5 pm.
Check out the links for pictures and videos of our past events. Like our Facebook page and get up to the minute updates.
2014 Grass Drag Flyer
Registration_Form_2014 with fill in blanks (fill out your and bring with you to save time. We will select you classes when you get here)
Map to Boone County Fairgrounds
Looks like this cold and snowy season is winding down if you believe the forecasts. Looks like next week will put an end to the season at least here in Northern Illinois. We did get to test out a new rig today for grooming in the future. Check out the short video we made today. Hopefully we can use a vehicle like this in the coming years. One of our goals this off season is to really improve our local trails. And that would mean grooming of course.
Hope to see you all at our Races and Swap on October 5, 2014 and stop by the Boone County Fair in August and see us at our new portable building adjacent to the main gate.
December 15th and the first day that trails are open in Boone County. That is if we have 4 inches of snow so keep that in mind. Also please respect land owners and adjacent land owners. It is getting harder and harder to have any trail system. We make every effort to find and mark danger points but you must still use caution when riding. Have fun and follow the rules.
Snowmobile Trail Rules
1. Sleds must be registered to ride these state funded trails ( Atv’s are not registered and cannot use the trails legally. )
2. Trails open December 15th – March 15th ( with a minimum of 4 inches of Snow )
3. These state funded trails run on private lands and public rite of ways.( respect this land and its owners or they can and will close the trails at their discretion ) Stay on the marked trail only do not wander on their property.
4. All trail signs and posts are property of the Illinois Association of Snowmobile Clubs and were provided with The State of Illinois Department of Conservation grants. The removal, vandalism, or possession trail signs is a crime, and the fine can be up to $500.00
5. Liability Insurance is Required by State Law.
Thanks to everyone for coming out and racing, watching, selling, and buying products from our vendors. It ended up being a good day after a lot of rain the previous 2 days. Our track held up fine and the swap area was packed once again. Thanks to everyone and we will see you on the first Sunday of October 2014.
Prairie Riders 2013 Grass Drags Results